Tuesday 14 July 2015

To My Sweetly Annoying One!


Okay, so it is time to give my not-so-different “Thank You” speech, something like which you must have heard many times on television in various award shows. Winners usually have a huge list of people to acknowledge for their success but don’t worry, my list is too short with only one name on it.

Let me first clear the whispers inside your head that are curious to know what award have I won? Sorry to disappoint, it is not an award that I have won. It is a PMI certification exam that I cleared (of course with all the flying colors) two days ago. I know, it is not something big to brag about but remember I said it is a ‘thank you’ speech. :)

So, I would like to thank Mr. Vivek Tyagi for the support and trust he had shown in me, without whom this would not have been possible. OMG! See, am I not truly inspired by what I have been hearing since my childhood? All right, just one more try. Please.

I want to share the credit with only one person, who is the most sweetly annoying to me, my husband. Yes! He is sweetly annoying and the line – “I hate you like I love you” gives the right words to what I feel about him at times. I think most of coupled people can relate to what I mean but if you did not get it yet then hear the song ‘True love’ by Pink.

Coming back to the point, taking a PMI exam was not the challenge. The actual challenge was the preparation. I wasn’t really sure about the determination and dedication that I could put into study. It has been years since I had taken any exam that required some discipline and regular effort. Moreover, my office hours and the traveling do not leave me with much of spare time to study. And it is here, when he did his part and that really made a difference.

As soon as I would reach home and that is mostly after 9 p.m. he would help me with the dinner and then say – “Geevika, I think you should go and study now”. He would not come into the room till 12 as not to disturb me because he knows we just can’t stop chit chatting when sitting together even if it is the silliest thing we are talking about. And even when he would come into the room, he would be wide awake, doing nothing. Doing Nothing! Okay, so actually most of the times he was playing on his mobile, even at those late hours at night and then he would say – “Don’t worry, I will not sleep else you will feel sleepy.” This is what he did for so many days. I discussed all the stuff I was studying and he suggested many things that could possibly work for me. He would suggest – “I think you must study that topic too. You should not leave any stone unturned.” At any time, I would talk to him about all the crap that was going in my head related to the exam, the moments when I was panicked and he needed to calm me down and to get me back to the pace.

Many times, I found him annoying too. Sometimes when I felt tired and wanted to sleep, he would be after me to study for half an hour more. He would not let me sleep and would say things like – “this is not the way people prepare for an exam when they want to succeed” and to which I would say, “Why are you behaving like Dad (My father, who played the same role during my education)?” I would say all the wrong things – “you are torturing me” or “I know better how much I have to study”. I fought with him and yelled at him, to which he mostly went quiet or did not say much in response. 

A day before my exam he had to go to Bangalore for a few days for some official work. The evening when he had to leave, I was helping him in packing and doing the usual stuff when suddenly he caught me and said, “Why are you so quiet? Is there any tension or problem?” I actually did not expect him to catch what was going inside me. I was going through studied-all-still-not-sure syndrome that usually happens a day before exam. He laughed and said, “You know what Giku (a nick name he has given me. Yeah yeah, I know it does not make sense but when did nick names ever make sense.)? I know I will not be here with you on your exam day. So if you feel low at any moment just think about me and I am sure it will bring a smile on your face and you will forget about everything that might be bothering you.” And we both laughed at it. He then said, “Jokes apart, just don’t think that you are taking an exam. Don’t worry about what will be the result or don’t worry about the money you have spent, if in case you are thinking about it. Just think that you have studied well about something and now it is time to test your skills. Believe in yourself, take it easy and I am sure you will do it.”

Next day when I was about to start with the exam suddenly his face flashed in front of my eyes, and he was smiling naughtily like he usually does and I remembered what he had said last evening. His thought actually brought an ear to ear smile on my face. Believe me, I had never been so sure about any exam that I had taken in my life. I was confident that I would clear it in one go. And yes I did it!

It will really demean the depth of our bond if I will thank you Vivek for being there with me, believing in me when I was in doubt and for being my strength when needed. But I should tell you that I am so blessed to have found my only sweetly annoying one in you. :)



P.S: In our lives, at every step, our loved ones always support us and believe in us. But we take their love and support for granted. Everyone needs acknowledgement or appreciation when they are doing something especially for you. I need it, don’t you? So don’t forget to appreciate your loved ones for their efforts that they are making to keep you happy and motivated. Today is the time, now is the moment. Express what you feel. Appreciate and acknowledge their love.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Giku ;)
    May the love you share together will be without end !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. A comment to share your views about this post is highly appreciated :)